A PhD position is available at the Algorithms and Complexity Group at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria. The position is part of the prestigious START project “Parameterized Analysis in Artificial Intelligence” of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), with the aim of building a bridge between parameterized complexity theory and artificial intelligence. The position will be supervised by Robert Ganian (the principal investigator of the project).
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Interest in discrete algorithms
- Expected to receive a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics within the next 12 months (or has already received one)
- High motivation to succeed in academia
- Very good English writing skills (no German language is required)
- The starting date is flexible and the position is offered for 3.5 years, with the possibility of extension.
- No teaching obligations (but teaching opportunities may be arranged upon request).
- The salary will follow the FWF’s salary tables, starting at 31000 EUR gross/year for 30 hours/week (23000 EUR net/year)
- A department that offers top research expertise, and a stimulating and supportive environment.
- TU Wien is a great place for professional growth (e.g., the Austrian Science Fund offers multiple funding opportunities for young researchers to advance their independent scientific careers).
- Vienna is a beautiful city that offers an excellent quality of life
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020
Més entrades de Recerca