The award seeks to:
- Identify three young leaders at the forefront of impactful climate justice initiatives.
- Raise awareness of and celebrate their initiatives.
- Directly support their initiatives with grants of up to £4,000.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 - 30* at the time of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Occupy a senior leadership role in a legally registered organisation which undertakes projects related to climate justice.
- Projects must directly address sustainable development/or climate change with a particular emphasis on balancing the needs of future generations - this could be through financing, frontline services, advocacy, education, communication, legal/policy change or business solution.
- Projects should be clearly associated with one or more of the seven principles of climate justice:
Respect and protect human rightsSupport the right to developmentShare benefits and burdens equitablyEnsure that decisions on climate change are participatory, transparent and accountableHighlight gender equality and equityHarness the transformative power of education for climate stewardshipUse effective partnerships to secure climate justice
Application Deadline: 23 July, 9:00 AM (BST)