The Earth Sciences department of the Barcelona Supercomputing Center is looking for a resident student in development of atmospheric emission model. The focus of the work will be to update and improve the HERMES emission model.
- Data gathering and analysis of databases using geographic information systems
- Development of methodologies for the estimation of atmospheric emissions
- Analysis and evaluation of emission results by means of statistical and visualization tools
- Students of the 4º course of chemistry and industrial and chemical engineering (or similar).
- Good level of English.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience in geographic information systems and programming knowledge.
- Professional Experience
- Experience in similar fields will be valued.
The position will be located at BSC within the Earth Siciences department in collaboration with the specific program coordinator. The fellowship will be for 6 six months with the possibility of extension.
Deadline: 4 March, 2015