The Computer Sciences department in the Barcelona Supercomputing Center offers a senior researcher contract in the Human Brain Project (HBP) for the Grid computing and clusters group.
- Technical leadership in the project HBP, inside the computational distributed area and workflows development.
- To design functionalities in the programming models PYCOMPSs (see www.bsc.es/compss).
- To contribute in the developments of that programming model and supervision of the junior members.
- Support to the new users in the adaptation process of their application to the programing models.
- Support to the preparation of the projects proposals (European and Spanish).
- Postdoc in Computer Sciences or similar or Master in Computer Sciences if the specific training has enough conditions.
- Programming in Python, C and Java.
- Good level of English.
- Experience in distributed systems (Grid, Cloud,…)
- Experience in concurrent programming.
- Experience in participation, management and preparation of proposals of European projects.
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences department in collaboration with the specific program coordinator. The contract will be for one year approximately.