Applications are invited for PhD and Master student position in the research lines of the Computer Architecture Operating System Department (http://www.bsc.es/caos) at Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC-CNS). We are offering Master Student position for a period of two years and PhD student position (with possibility of extension) in the operating system/computer architecture interface group.
In this group currently we have collaboration projects focused on prallel execution and realtime systems like those in cars, satellites, planes, trains and medical devices. Our work is mainly done in the context of bilateral projects with several processor companies as well as several European-funded projects. For a complete list of projects and publications of the group in the last years, please visit: www.bsc.es/caos.
- Experience on parallel programming models (C/C++and OpenMP, OpenCL)
- Strong background on compiler technologies and operating systems
- Background on computer architecture, with special interest of heterogeneous many-core architectures (e.g. Kalray MPPA)
The objective of this position is to do a PhD in the field of parallel execution and real-time systems under the scope of the FP7 european project P-SOCRATES (www.p-socrates.eu). The specific research topic will be decided based on candidate skills and objectives.
Qualifacions & Experience:
- Bs. or Ms. on computer sciences or electronics
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse staff base
- Willing to travel
- Good level of English is mandatory
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- A presentation letter with an explanation of research interest
- C.V. with contact data
Deadline: Friday, 9 May, 2014