The Environmental Simulations Group of the Computer Applications in Science and Engineering (CASE) Department at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a software engineer position to work on an interdisciplinary project linking atmospheric transport modelling and impact assessment on civil aviation. The candidate should work in close cooperation with other peolple already working in the subject. The contract will be temporary.
- To design and implement a GUI merging spatial databases, outpus from atmospheric transport models and impact quantification.
- Code optimization
- Degree in Informatics or Engineering
- Programming GUIs in QT framework
- Linux/UNIX OS, Shell scripting and command line
- Data management and warehouse
- Good SQL skills (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Parallel data processing (Hadoop and Impala)
- Knowledge on open-source geospatial libraries: GDAL
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS), particularly GRASS
- Fluent English
All applicants should submit:
- A cover letter with a short statement of motivation
- A curriculum vitae (highlighting the experience on the required skills)
Deadline: Friday, 9 May, 2014