Research grant-Master in the scope of the project “Integration of GNSS and accelerometer data for structural monitoring”
Required Profile: A Master degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or other area with a strong background in mathematics and physics and programming.
Minimum requirements: Applicants must also have
- A degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or other area with a strong background in mathematics and physics;
- Knowledge of programing languages, preferably C/C++;
- Proven knowledge of technical English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in using GNSS systems (e.g. GPS)
- Experience using other navigation systems (e.g. inertial systems)
- Knowledge on filtering methods (e.g. Kalman)
Workplan: Implementation of an algorithm for computing very precise GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) positions based on the integration (fusion) of code and phase measurements, in different frequencies, with inertial measurements, namely accelerometers.
The GNSS positions should be obtained in relative mode. The software to be developed should allow high precision real time positioning. For the software development the GPSToolKit may be used.
The working plan includes also the preparation and execution of field works, as well as production of technical reports and collaboration in the preparation of scientific articles.
Deadline Application 10-02-2014.