The Life Sciences Department is offering a Senior Software Developer position in the "Electronic and Atomic Protein Modelling" group, within the framework of the European project: "Protein Energy Landscape Exploration. The candidate will join a very active scientific research team in a strong international environment.
The Senior Software Developer role will be leading the development and maintenance of Pele++, an object oriented protein energy landscape exploration simulator written in C++ and all its developing environment in different hardware platforms (Mare Nostrum, Linux Cluster, etc.).
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code.
- Design, architect and implement new Pele features.
- Take an active part in new Pele features creation and specification.
- Maintain and optimize new and existing Pele features.
- Act as a mentor for the rest of the software development team.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Deep Knowledge of C++ (at least 3 years of recent C + + professional experience).
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills.
- Strong refactoring, unit testing and integration testing skills.
- Knowledge about Continuous Integration.
- Excellent teamwork skills and willingness to share knowledge.
- High level of English.
Skills will be appreciated:
- Previous experience in biophysical simulations.
- HPC simulations experience (CUDA, MPI, OpenMP).
- Agile methodologies.
All applications must include:
- Cover letter (please indicate the salary expectations)
- Curriculum vitae.
- Links to GitHub and/or BitBucket repositories containing code samples.
Closing date: 16/01/2014