The Computer Architecture for Parallel Paradigms group from the Computer Science Department at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC) is offering a full-time PhD student position within the ParaDime project. The successful candidate will complete a PhD degree in computer architecture in topics related to energy efficient multi core architectures.
The student will join a research group of 4 postdocs, 16 PhD students, and 1 engineer, The group also helps to run the BSC-Microsoft research centre (www.bscmsrc.eu) and coordinates the EU FP7 framework ParaDIME (www.paradime-project.eu). The successful candidate will be enrolled in the doctorate program in the Department of Computer Architecture at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain.
The objective of this position is to complete a PhD in the field of energy efficient multi-core computer architectures. The specific research topic will be hardware support for efficient message passing leveraging on scale out programming models.
We seek a highly motivated and academically excellent student with:
- Strong knowledge of computer architecture
- Computing skills in programming languages (C/C++, Scala) and experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge about networks on chip is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Qualifications & Experience:
- M.Sc in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Candidates with B.Sc in computer science and outstanding academic record are also encouraged to apply
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a diverse staff base
- Must be willing to travel
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- CV with contact data
- Cover letter
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Science department.
Closing date 16/02/2014