The Parallel Programming Models group from the Computer Science Department at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a position for supporting the development of the Mont-Blanc applications.
The main responsibility of this position is to work on the Mont-Blanc project, interacting with partners, and participating in the porting of the partners applications to the OmpSs programming model on Intel and for the Mont-Blanc target architecture based on the Samsung Exynos chip.
The position requires a strong knowledge of the Fortran, C++ and C languages. We will value previous experience in the development of applications and of parallel programming in general. Knowledge of OmpSs, OpenMP, OpenCL, CUDA, Pthreads or other parallel languages, and Linux will be valued.
- Interact with end-users from the Mont-Blanc project, and give them support for porting their applications to OmpSs.
- Interact with the OmpSs team at BSC, reporting problems, and keep track of them
- Validate, analyze and evaluate Mont-Blanc applications
- Excellent knowledge of Fortran, C++ and C
- Excellent knowledge of OpenCL or CUDA
- Ability to work independently, and in the context of the team
- Ability to take initiative, and prioritize the work
- Fluency in English is essential
The following skills will also be evaluated:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
All applicants should submit:
- Cover letter (please, indicate salary expectations)
- Curriculum vitae
Closing date: 01/03/2014