The Computer Sciences department offers a Postdoc position to lead BSC scientific and technical tasks in the European Project MontBlanc2. The objective of the project consists of designing supercomputers with off-the-shelf low-power embedded processors. Within this context the successful applicant will investigate reliability and fault-tolerance mechanisms for exascale computing.
- Develop fault-tolerant, reliable runtime substrates for exascale computing
- Make relevant implementations and conduct research Write periodic reports
- Deliver software in project milestones
- PhD in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Preferably Runtime and/or Computer Architecture background Expertise inreliability, resilience, fault-tolerance
- Knowledge of OpenMP and/or OmpSs programming models Preferably familiarity with ARM system architecture
- Fluent English
Qualifications & Experience
Experience in: Runtime systems, HPC or Computer Architecture (minimum 5 years).
- Letter of presentation
- Curriculum vitae
Closing date: 31/12/2013