Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
Are you eligible?
You must be:
- an EU citizen
- a student of engineering or science at an EU University, enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme*.
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
Application deadline: 20.01.2014