SBC is an energy company focused on delivering general management consulting support to clients
across the value chain in all aspects of the energy industry. Our Consulting Practice is organised as a
Worldwide P&L, and is responsible for Consulting Related client interactions, business development, and
Our focus is Oil and Gas, with strong bias to exploration and production, though we have staff with
experience on nearly all industry topics and engage in a wide variety of energy projects. Typical services
are business unit strategies, organisation, performance improvement, human resources strategies and
transformation enabled by E&P technologies and information technologies.
The organisation is structured around clients, and horizontal practices. Geographies are structured as
Areas (North & South America, Europe-Middle East-Africa, Asia), each managed by a director. As our
clients are global, the teams are not structured by country: they are asked to serve clients on a global
basis, to pursue opportunities within the area, and lend assistance to teams in other areas.
A business consultant is part of a consulting team, under the direct supervision of an engagement
manager. He/she will participate in the delivery of consulting engagements and will support the
development of the practice as a whole. A consultant will master a set of focused skills that allow
him/her to support the consulting team on a selection of subjects.
Typical activities include:
- Project delivery: Demonstrating a broad understanding of the client issues,effectively structuring
problems, gathering data, conducting interviews and building models, growing a strong
understanding of the client organisation’s context, organisation and technical issues.
- Client interactions: Acting as a credible advisor to client team members, preparing and delivering
written and oral communications for client discussion, demonstrating maturity and impeccable
- Team Interactions: Effectively prioritizes own tasks and ensures quality of own deliverables,
demonstrates adaptability in working style, a positive attitude and willingness to help
While experience in oil & gas (or energy in general) is preferred, such work history is not a requirement.
However, it is expected that anyone working for SBC will have a strong and demonstrable interest in the
energy space (which should include an interest in oil and gas as that sector constitutes the major or our
In addition, the consultant will be expected to demonstrate the following consulting skills:
- Problem solving: structuring, issue identification, data gathering and analysis, synthesis and
- Business judgement, including understanding of client organisations and dynamics
- Client interaction skills, maturity and empathy, and ability to work effectively within a consulting
- Demonstrated leadership potential and drive
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry and E&P issues, processes or technologies
- Strong, well structured communication skills, both written and oral, including in English
A university degree in Business or Engineering is required and candidate typically will also have an MA,
MSc, MBA or PhD degree.
3 to 5 years of business consulting in an international Firm, or equivalent experience in the industry is
preferred (but not required) as is 3 to 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas, preferably in E&P, in Consulting
or in the Industry.
Les persones interessades , poden enviar el seu cv a Eduncliffe@slb.com