The Barcelona Supercomputing Center is carrying out multidisciplinary research to address challenges towards next generation computing systems, developing energy efficient and high performance hardware and software platforms. The successful candidate will be involved on an European Project Lightness whose main objective is the design, implementation and experimental evaluation of a high-performance optical network infrastructure for data centers. The candidate will be part of the BSC team supporting the design, development and evaluation of the network by providing the simulation infrastructures and assessing performance of the proposed network on High Performance Computing applications.
- Support the development of the simulation toolkit
- Evaluate performance of the different proposed network infrastructures for HPC application
- Preparation of project deliverables
- Presentation and discussing of results to project community and in conferences
- Understanding of data center network architectures.
- Knowledge on High Performance Computing and network simulation tools.
- Excellent programming skills (preferably in C++).
- Fluency in English essential.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work under set deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters degree or PhD in either Electronic Engineering or Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Previous experience in system software development
- Experience in research will be appreciated
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with a team
- Willing to travel
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Science Department an the contract will be for 18 months aproximately.
Deadline: 26 June, 2014