BSC-CNS is the National Supercomputing Facility in Spain and was officially constituted in April 2005. BSC-CNS manages MareNostrum, the most powerful supercomputer in Europe. The mission of BSC-CNS is to investigate, develop and manage information technology in order to facilitate scientific progress. With this aim, in 2009 a research line on Social Sciences and Humanities was constituted. It has been involved in different research projects and developments inside a strong interdisciplinary working environment.
The Social Simulation group from the Computer Applications & Engineering Department at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a Contents Developer position in the Recercaixa Project “SimulPlay, videojocs de simulació per l'aprenentatge tecnosocial”.
The project involves an exciting opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary project aimed to explore the use of video games to study and disseminate scientific research using social simulation.
The position will be temporary; it has a part time basis, and is starting around September, 2014.
- The contents advisor will assist the app developers in the understanding and translation of domain concepts to the video game semantics.
- She/He will also create the contents related to the scientific dissemination of the project.
- General knowledge about archaeology
- Some understanding of the underlying research (social simulation, ABM).
- Fluent English
The following skills will also be evaluated:
- Open-source working environments (Linux)
- Some programming experience
- Fluency in Catalan and/or Spanish languages
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor/MsC in History, Archaeology or other qualifications, provided that the candidate can justify having acquired the needed capabilities and skills for the vacancy.
- Background on interdisciplinary environments.
All applicants should submit:
- Cover letter
- Short statement of motivation
- Curriculum vitae, including a clear exposition of experience and required skills.
Deadline: 25 May, 2014