The Saudi Arabia Branch delivers consulting missions in power generation, electricity transmission and distribution, power systems, asset management and natural gas to public and private utilities as well as to energy intensive industry all over the GCC Region (United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia).
In order to achieve its clients’ needs in Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Arabia Branch is seeking an experienced and highly distinguished Nuclear plant grid integration expert.
As Nuclear plant grid integration expert you will be involved in:
- Be based in the Clients’ office on a permanent basis to be their nuclear plant grid integration representative;
- Assist the Clients’ project(s) by reviewing the Saudi Arabian Grid Code and security standards for integration of nuclear power plants into the KSA grid;
- Performing design / design review studies for nuclear power plants integration looking at the evacuation of the plant’s power; and at the safe supply of its auxiliaries and security back-up supplies by the main transmission grid, and/or other network supply points;
- Reviewing contractors and manufacturers design proposals checking for compliance with the RFP, in accordance with the aforementioned grid code and security standards for nuclear power plant grid integration;
- Assisting the Client in meetings and missions related to nuclear power plant integration;
- Providing recommendations for training of, and development of Clients’ Engineers;
The job will be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in the offices of the Client, for a period of minimum 2 years. However, business related travels to other regions of Saudi Arabia and surrounding (GCC) areas may be required.
- Minimum 20 years in transmission grid studies related to power plants integration and stability, and minimum 8 years related to nuclear power plants integration, with recognised international companies (TSO, utility and/or international company);
- Be an expert in the design of transmission grids for power evacuation and auxiliary supply, taking into account related control and protection parts;
- Be familiar with international nuclear standards for grid connection and power supply;
- Previous and similar experience in GCC countries will be an advantage;
- Have excellent communication capabilities in the English language (speaking and writing) and able to debate and explain fluently related technical subjects;
- An engineering background, with relevant experience in the power and/or nuclear sector;
- An analytical ability;
- Autonomous and solution-oriented; yet a team player;
- Experience in the use of MS Products, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- A solid understanding of the energy/power consulting field and related services provided by consulting firms to clients in the GCC / Middle East when related to nuclear power plants and their interface.
Candidates can contact for more information and/or send their CV to kdeboodt @ enginiumgroup.com