Context and Mission:
The Computer architecture group within the Computer Science department of Barcelona Supercomputing Center is offering a full-time Hadoop engineer position within the Mont-Blanc and EuroServer projects. The main responsibilities of the position are to install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain HDFS and Hadoop (MapReduce 1.0 and/or 2.0) on prototype ARM-based clusters, as well as analyzing and optimizing Hadoop application performance on these clusters.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic research group (currently thirteen PhD students, four post-docs, and one professor) with strong connections to industry (ARM, NVIDIA, Bull, Samsung). The group is leading the Mont-Blanc project in energy-efficient high performance computing, and is at the forefront of research in energy-efficient systems architecture and simulation models.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and HDFS required
- Experience of development and performance analysis of Hadoop applications required
- Excellent computing skills in C/C++ and Java required
- Understanding of the Linux operating system and kernel is an advantage
- Understanding of distributed computing, e.g. cluster architectures, preferred
Qualifications & Experience
- At least B.Sc. degree in Computer, Telecommunications or Electronics engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience in setting up and administration of Linux servers.
- Good English language skills are required
- Capacity to take the initiative, as well as work under set deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willing to travel and participate in EU projects and company agreements.
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences department in collaboration with the specific program coordinator. The contract will be temporary.