The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research. His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
Responsibilities:• Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
• Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
• Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
• Financial management of the research lines: Maximising the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
• Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (HR, Funding Services, Finance, TechTransfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
• Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinarity.
• PhD in engineering, physics or experimental sciences.
• Minimum one year experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects and other EU funding schemes.
• Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
• Capacity to work with people from different backgrounds and expertises.
• Good communication abilities.
• Team work, initiative and organization.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com, before 30/11/2013 (Reference: PM-TS).