Application Deadline: 31/08/2013Ref: FPU-EE
The Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) islooking for a PhD candidate to apply for the next 2013 FPU call from the Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Development of biodegradable and bioactive materials and 3D structures/templates for tissue regeneration.
- Physico-chemical characterization of different biomaterials and 3D structures.
- Nanoscale engineering of biomimetic structures and surfaces cues from the extracellular matrix.
- Characterization and interpretation of biologic interactions at the biomaterial-cell interface.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and master in chemistry, physics, materials science or a related subject (nanotechnology, biomedicalengineering, biotechnology, biology or pharmacy).
- Very good academic record (>2 for 1-4 system, or >7.5 for 1-10 system).
- High level of English.
- Availability to perform research stages in International Centers.
- Resolution to accomplish goals within deadlines.
- Willingness to explore and create new knowledge.
- High motivation and ability to be involved in a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Applying for the next FPU call from the Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 31/08/2013 (Reference: FPU-EE).