Dimas Surribas ha publicat aquesta oferta al grup del’Associació d’Amics de la Universitat politècnica de Catalunya a Linkedin
The Space Business Unit of Mier Comunicaciones is devoted to the design, development, qualification and manufacturing of advanced microwave equipment for satellites dedicated to different applications, such as Communications, Navigation, Space Science or Earth Observation.
As part of the Space BU Operations, the role is to define and implement the necessary best practice procurement associated with the product requirements to ensure that processes are maintained, technical requirements are understood and achieved and that the product is procured to the best commercial advantage, optimal schedule and adhering quality.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following:
- Negotiating with the subcontractor / supplier throughout project lifecycle and to continually assess subcontractor performance.
- Effectively communicate the status and performance of the subcontractor / supplier both to the subcontractor and to the integrated Mier Comunicaciones project team.
- Ensuring that the suppliers are OTOQD (On Time On Quality Delivery).
- Working with design engineering, planning and requisitioners to nominate suppliers and ensure early involvement where appropriate.
- Liaising with engineering to identify areas of standardization and optimal design solutions for procurement.
- Invoices to be managed efficiently with accounts to ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with terms agreed.
- Terms, conditions agreements to be negotiated and managed to the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Identifying technical, lead-time, process and cost improvement opportunities.
- Actively pursuing and recording savings achieved in accordance with calculation methodology.
- Managing problems; identify solutions and appropriate escalation, taking responsibility for ensuring that all problems arising during the procurement process are resolved.
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Experience in commercial negotiating, supplier management in an international environment.
- Excellent communication skills and confident decision maker with demonstrable commercial abilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings and terminology.
- Team player, but also someone who can work on their own initiative.
- Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
- Flexibility to travel as occasionally required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.